We are always on the lookout for fresh voices and new content to add to our magazine. If you have an existing piece of writing or if you want to write a new, original piece to be published in a future issue of WAL Reader, please do so.
The preferred method for submissions is either through sending an email to or sharing a Google Drive document with firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep the following in mind when submitting your writing:
- The editor will make any needed grammar/mechanics changes needed for you, but please proofread your work before submitting it.
- We accept articles of any length, although a minimum of 400 words and a maximum of 5000 is preferred (if you have a shorter or longer piece than this, you can still submit it, but preference will be given to articles that fall within the previously stated word counts).
- You can write your article about any subject you want. (At times, a note will be posted to the top of this page asking for articles on specific subjects, but all subjects are still fair game.)
- If you have any images you would like included with your article, feel free to include them (unless you own the image, please only submit links to images from Wikimedia Commons that can be used free of charge).
- WAL Reader‘s primary goal is not an echo chamber – preference will be given to pieces that are written with a broader audience in mind than just the bottom-right quarter of the political compass.
- While we are open to including content from a wide variety of viewpoints, WAL Reader will not, under any circumstances, publish content that is racist, sexist, homophobic, or generally rude and degrading towards any group or individual.
If you are interested in contributing to the WAL Reader, please consider joining the WAL Reader Contributors Facebook group.